Collection of Personal Information
Personal information refers to any information that can be used to identify an individual. We only collect personal information which we believe to be relevant and required to understand your financial needs and to conduct our business such as your name, identity number, address and contact details. Your personal information collected by us may come from information provided by you, from transactions carried out by you with us or from other third party sources such as your joint account holders, credit bureau or credit reference agencies.
Purposes of collection and use of Personal Information
The personal information collected by RHB will be used by RHB for its business purposes ("purposes") such as:-
- to process and provide the products and services applied for by you;
- to communicate and to notify you of changes or developments of any products and services;
- to update and manage the accuracy of your personal information in our records;
- to prevent and detect fraud, money laundering and any other unlawful activity or misconduct or suspected fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct and for investigations conducted by the relevant authorities, regulators or for compliance with our internal procedures whether in Singapore or elsewhere;
- to assess your credit worthiness or eligibility profile;
- performing relevant checks for credit, sales and marketing activities;
- for compliance with our internal policies, guidelines, process and procedures;
- assessment and analysis including credit/lending/insurance risks/behaviour scoring/market and product analysis and market research (if any);
- managing feedback or complaints;
- security purposes;
- for legal or audit purposes;
- for any actual or proposed assignee or transferee of the Bank or participant or sub-participant;
- as may be required under laws and/or by agreements with government agencies or revenue authorities in Singapore or elsewhere, to make inquiries about your tax status;
- for compliance with external payment systems in Singapore or elsewhere;
- for compliance with any regulatory requirements, laws and regulations, court orders in Singapore or elsewhere; and
- For any other purpose as we may consider to be reasonably necessary or desirable in order to maintain or extend the banking relationship with you.
Disclosure and Sharing of Customer Information
Unless we have your agreement or are required by law, we will not disclose your personal information to external parties. We do however share or disclose your personal information to carry out the purposes, to our related corporations or to carefully chosen, reputable third parties in Singapore or elsewhere, who operate under a confidentiality agreement to ensure your personal information is protected.
Use of "Cookies"
Your visit to this site may be recorded for analysis on the number of visitors to the site and general usage patterns. Some of this information will be gathered through the use of "cookies". Cookies are small bits of information that are automatically stored on a person's web browser in their computer that can be retrieved by this site. Should you wish to disable these cookies you may do so by changing the setting on your browser. However, you will be unable to enter certain part(s) of our website.
Linked Web Sites
We or any other RHB Group member is not responsible for the contents available on or the setup of any other web sites linked to this site. Access to and use of such other web sites is at your own risk and subject to any terms and conditions applicable to such access/use.
Withdrawal of Consent
In the event that you do not wish the Bank to continue using your personal information for the purposes stated herein, you may write in to the Bank to request the Bank to cease using your personal information. However should you make such a request, the Bank may not be able to provide you with the products and services that you have applied for and the Bank will assume that such request as a request to terminate your banking relationship with us.
You may however request the Bank not to call you or send SMS to you relating to any marketing or promotional activities without affecting your banking relationship with the Bank. If you do not wish to receive any calls or SMS from the Bank on any marketing or promotional activities, you may submit a written request to the Bank using the Bank's prescribed form.
Retention of Personal Information
Your personal information will be retained by us to the extent it is necessary to carry out the purposes or to the extent such retention is necessary for legal or business purposes.
Accuracy of Personal Information
You shall ensure at all times that the personal information provided by you is accurate and up to date. In the event of any changes or updates, you shall inform us promptly by submitting the prescribed form available at our branches.
Whilst every care has been taken in preparing the information and materials contained in this site, such information and materials are provided to you "as is" without warranty of any kind either express or implied. In particular, no warranty regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a particular purpose or freedom from computer virus is given in conjunction with such information and materials.
Copyright, Trade Marks
RHB and other parties own the trade marks, logos and service marks displayed on this site and users are prohibited from using the same without written permission of RHB or such other parties.
Questions and Feedback